"Praise be to the Lord, for he showed his wonderful love to me..." Psalm 31:21
Last Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day. What a sweet idea to take a day to celebrate all of the wonderful things that we do as mothers. I never could have imagined all of the emotions I would experience as a mother. From pure joy to fear to exhaustion to pride, and everything in between. What a ride it has been so far! And what a beautiful little boy that is everything I never even knew I was missing. I thank the Lord every day for him, and pray that I will raise him to be a Godly man who has a heart for others.
Here are the flowers Bryson got for me. Jason said he picked out "baby" roses so that I would know they were from him. :)
Bryson made this for me at Erin's house! (Thanks so much to Erin for making this day special for me!)
Here is the card that Jason and Bryson got for me. I was totally surprised to see that Jason had gone out and bought paint, and actually put Bryson's hand print in the card. Shocked might be a better word! I love this idea and have decided that I want a hand print every year, so that one day when he is eighteen and moving off to college (which will probably come way too soon), I can look back on his little hand prints and remember when he was so very small.
From my Mom- love it!
Here are ten things I LOVE about being Bryson's mom:
1. Hearing his infectious laugh. It is truly priceless.
2. Watching him learn as he plays. I can really see those wheels turning and am loving it.
3. His sweet but determined personality that we are seeing more and more of everyday.
4. He LOVES being outside. Whether it's in the wagon, the swing, the stroller, or just sitting on the driveway- he loves it!
5. His special bond with his Daddy. Melts my heart. Enough said.
6. He loves to be out and about, just like me. His attitude in general is much better if we are on the go.
7. I love going in his room to get him after a nap or first thing in the morning. He is usually standing up, squinting over the rail at the bright lights. When I walk in the room he immediately has a huge smile and then just wants to cuddle for a few minutes. LOVE that time with him.
8. He has never met a stranger. Looks like he will be a people person. :)
9. His face lights up when Jason says "Where's your momma?"
(Could it get any better than that?)
10. He teaches me something every single day and makes me a better person.
I love you Bryson DeFla!
"Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her."
Proverbs 31:28
Girl, you made me cry again! Jason picked a wonderful person to be his wife, and mother to his child/children. I hope and pray that all mothers could be as blessed as I am to have the children, children-in-law and grandchildren that I do.
ReplyDeleteLove, Your Mother-In-Law
Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. With all kinds of special gifts. :) You're such an amazing Mom, Court! I've always looked up to you...and what better person to learn from to be a great Mommy. I love you so much!
ReplyDelete-Mel
P.S. Derek got me the same Mother's Day card. :)