Amy getting to come for a visit = one happy Momma!
Amy came into town on Tuesday. I was working and she surprised me at the hospital with a sweet tea from Chick-fil-A. A-MAZ-ING! She knows exactly how to get to my heart. :)
We got to enjoy a few days of relaxing, eating, talking, laughing, playing with Bryson, more eating, and keno. Doesn't get much better than that.
On Wednesday afternoon when we were baking we had a minor emergency. I was trying to remove a stuck beater from my hand-mixer when it turned on. My fingers were stuck in the beater and the result was a middle finger with what looked like a bone sticking straight out of it! It was bad. I have seen a lot of gross stuff- but I could not even look at this. Amy remained {pretty} calm, calling to get advice on what we should do {ALL nursiness goes out the door when it is your own finger sticking in a direction it shouldn't be}. Turns out it looked MUCH worse than it was. Still not really sure what was sticking out. After icing and Advil it's just bruised and sore today. So thankful Amy was here to help me deal with my stupidity {sidenote- always unplug your mixer BEFORE trying to remove the beaters}. Here is what the mixer looked like after my fingers got caught in it:
We were so sad to see Amy go today and are looking forward to the day when we live closer to each other. Someday? Maybe?
Love ya Sister!
Courtney, that is terrible, glad you were ok for the most part and that your sweet sister was there to help you. I am in the same hopes that one day I will live close to sisters. Hope the same for you!
ReplyDelete