Last weekend we all took a road trip. Jason went on his annual fishing trip with about 500 friends (so that may be a slight exaggeration- but definitely not too far off), and Bryson, Halle, and I loaded up and headed to New Braunfels. We had four days jam-packed with relaxing, laughing, shopping, catching up with old friends, eating, and sewing (yes- you read that correctly :). Here are a few pictures from our trip:
Bryson watching the dogs bark at each other (he loves doing ANYTHING outside)
On Thursday afternoon we went to see Allison and Brooke Henley. They are our sweet friends who live in Ohio, but are in San Antonio temporarily while Matt is deployed. They just moved into a cute new place and we wanted to check it out!
Bryson loving on Buster...
Brooke and Bryson
On Friday morning Granny came over and we went to eat lunch at Mammacita's. Aunt Jessica and cousin Laynie met us there. Bryson actually ATE lunch. He had chips and hot sauce (licked the bowl), tortillas, rice, beans, and a little bit of chicken. This was a HUGE accomplishment! This boy is so picky- we have only found a few foods that he will actually eat. He was great at lunch and we really enjoyed the company.
After delicious Mexican food we headed over to Gruene Market Days. Bryson hung out in his stroller, but was ready to go pretty quickly. It was so hot and humid, we were all ready to go before too long.
One of his favorite toys at Grandma and PawPaw's house- the tug boat!
*He is also eating raisins in this picture. He usually put them in his mouth, chewed on them for a while, and spit them out- but I definitely count that as progress...
Jenny, Stacey, and I have decided to learn to sew. We are taking a sewing class that meets on Wednesday evenings from 6-9pm. It has actually been a lot of fun (pretty comical), and a great way to relax and enjoy some girl-time. After Bryson went to bed one night I was working on my "homework" which consisted of sewing straight lines onto paper, when my Mom brought out a few pieces of old scrap material. I decided to try out a project. My dad laughed at me and said that that was like just learning to paint by number and deciding to take on the Mona Lisa. So, I decided to make a pillow for him- with his name on it! He said there was no way. I told him to go to bed and it would be like Christmas the next morning. :) We laughed and laughed, and then I got to work on my machine. Here is what I came up with:
He cracked up the next morning when he saw his pillow. I think it turned out pretty cute for a beginner.
On Sunday we packed up and headed home.
What a great weekend full of family and friends (and a HUGE thank-you to my parents!).
WHat a fun weekend you had! Glad you are so close where you can spend time with family whenever your mand decides to be gone for a weekend. How funny you are learning to sew, I just bought a sewing/embroidery machine Today. I have decided it is going to be my new hobby. Will see how quickly I pick it up.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys came to visit... and glad Bryson's shoes arrived in the mail. :) It was great to see both of you--both Brooke and Buster agree!
ReplyDelete