Bryson started coughing last week and it progressively got worse and worse. It was mainly during the night and when he first woke up. He was also having severe allergies. Benadryl seemed to really help the situation, so I didn't think a lot of it. No fever.
Until Friday afternoon. Until the Friday afternoon when we were scheduled to have family pictures taken in downtown Bryan. Until the Friday afternoon that my Mom drove into town to help us with Bryson during the family pictures in downtown Bryan...
Erin called and said that he was HOT and not feeling well. She gave him Motrin and put him down for a nap. I held out hope that he would wake up and be as good as new. Didn't happen. He was worse.
Called the photographer and rescheduled. Took care of a sick baby all weekend. Put Vicks on his feet and chest (don't knock it until you try it- I really think it helped!). Steamed up the bathroom like my Mom used to do. Got a new humidifier. Held him while he coughed all night.
It was so nice to have my Mom here (she let me go back to sleep when she got up on Saturday morning- LIFE SAVER).
So our pictures have been postponed. Bryson is on the mend- now if I can just get rid of this horrible cough... :(
Here we are cuddling on Saturday afternoon. He pretty much lived in his pajamas this weekend.
He wanted his milk and pacifier at the same time... crazy kid!
Glad he's feeling better! And when you get tired of that shirt (or decide to have another baby), I'll take good care of it :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Amy