January has been a bit of a crazy month around the Ruple house. We have had so many visitors. It is a nice change to have friends/family here to help out and hang out, not just because of horrible circumstances where we NEED them here. Not sure if that made sense- but we've been enjoying it!
Aunt Amy came for a visit...
...and so did "Uncle Wull." (aka Uncle Will)
Jason's parents came and we exchanged Christmas gifts since we didn't get to do it in December. Of course Bryson was in Heaven!
He always loves Granny's pillow like this- and now he finally has his own! He sleeps with it every night!
And who doesn't need frog rain boots? They are adorable. Unfortunately he wants to wear them all. the. time. Unfortunately this is not a battle I am willing to fight most days. Just be aware...
For the grandparents on both sides we made them a sort of photo collage of their last name. I cut out the letters using thick poster board and then had each kid hold up a letter. I love the way they turned out!
For my mom and dad's we had to get a little bit creative. Bryson is the only grandchild at this point. So I had each couple hold a letter, Bryson held one (with Caroline's sonogram picture taped to it- BOTH grand kids!), and then we had to include my parents and the dog. Luckily my parents still had no idea what we were doing. They were completely surprised and loved it!
And last but not least Tahrea came and spent the day with me yesterday. We have been friends for a LONG time- like since I was in 7th grade long time. The real, stick with each other through thick and thin kind of friends. It was so great to get to spend time just talking and enjoying each other's company.
Slowly but surely I feel like we are getting back to what is going to be our new normal. I can't believe five weeks have passed since I had surgery and since I was holding my precious baby. I'm still just trusting in the fact that even though I don't understand any of this, God does. He is holding me and has a plan. So thankful just for the knowledge and realness of that.
Happy Friday!
So glad that you are doing a little better. Once again, the power of prayer, as so many are still praying for you and Jason. Love You So Much and miss seeing you.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy