Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Rodeo Time!!!

In April {yes- I'm running a little bit behind!} Granny and Grandpa came and we went to the rodeo in Bryan! We were pretty excited because Sam and Lili were signed up for Muttin' Bustin'. I honestly didn't even know what muttin' bustin' was, so I was pretty excited! {We are easily amused!}
Here is my little cowboy. Thanks so much to Sam for passing along his beautiful boots! Bryson LOVES them and wears them every chance he gets- including trying to wear them to bed.
All dressed for the rodeo and ready to go!

There was a petting zoo! Bryson loves animals so he was in Heaven!
Three generations of Ruple men.
Riding the ponies...

Maddie, Lili, and Bryson
Feeding the cow. It actually said MOO while Bryson was feeding it- he was so excited!
Matt, Alina, Barbara, and Kristin
Bryson with his arm around Maddie. Jared wasn't too happy about this- of course all the moms were loving it!
Annabel, Lili, Reagan, Maddie, and Bryson



Bryson loved watching the rodeo events. I was amazed at how still he sat and how focused he was- I have NEVER seen him like that! He clapped after every event. So cute!

And then they were holding hands...  :)
Bryson and Maddie went out into the arena to participate in the calf scramble. Bryson mainly just ran around- but I think he had a blast! One time a calf came so close to him {running full speed} we all thought he was going to be trampled! After I recovered from my near heart attack, we all laughed. I guess he is a true cowboy now! :)


Sam Muttin' Bustin'! He did great!
Scott, Sam, Eric, and Lili waiting for the results...
And of course we had to ride the pony one more time...
Already looking forward to the rodeo next year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a ball!! I remember those days. Lots of fun times.

    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete