In July we spent four days at the Frio River with the Ruples. My mother-in-law has been camping at River Bend since she was a little girl, and she is the master camper. I was amazed at all of the equipment it took to camp, and at her efficiency in all of it. She had three meals a day planned for each day as well as drinks and snacks. She washed dishes, etc. We helped as much as we could, but she was pretty much amazing! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be going back again next summer!
Everyone else stayed in the camper and we also had another campsite where we hung out when we weren't in the water. I am not so much for roughing it, so we stayed in a kitchenette. It was perfect!
The fishing tank at the top of the hill...
Granny turned 60!
Brothers
Decorating Granny's cake...
Sweet cousins!
This picture depicts their personalities perfectly. I said "Smile!" The girls posed and Bryson turned his back to me. :( Toot!
Cade serenading us! The kids had a blast dancing the night away!
Jessica and Laynie
Bryson (I) caught the first fish of the trip!
The serious fisherman...
Jason's Bass
Watch out!!!
I french-braided Granny's and Maelynn's hair one day. She was so cute prancing around and posing. Sweet girl!
A kayaker stopped for a break near where we were playing and let Bryson pose for a quick shot! He thought he was pretty hot stuff!
Tubing...
On the evening of Granny's birthday we headed over to Garner State Park for the dance. I used to go camping there with my aunt and uncle when I was younger and I have so many great memories of this place. It was so much fun to go back and see it ten years later!
At the pavilion waiting for the dance to start...
We swam
and relaxed
and slept
and ate
and celebrated
and turned 60!
and danced
and sunbathed
and tubed
and jumped off of big cliffs
and fished
and grilled
and got dirty
and cooked
and used nets to catch minnows
and skipped rocks
and enjoyed some great company.
It was a time of renewal and peace.
Bryson is still talking about the "riber."
We can't wait to do it all again next summer
{and every summer after that!}.
No comments:
Post a Comment