Monday, December 3, 2012

Stuff, stuff, stuff!

With us moving in to my parents house came the rearranging of rooms and the cleaning out of closets. In those closets were boxes and boxes of stuff. And more stuff. And more stuff.
I think my Mom kept every single piece of scrap paper I ever touched with a crayon. While I am so thankful for that sweet sentiment- it is now all MINE. So here I am, stuck with all this stuff, that I hate to throw away but absolutely cannot keep!
So, we had an interesting afternoon of sorting through and organizing. I took pictures of a few things I wanted to remember, and also of a few things that I have no idea why my Mom ever kept in the first place!
{Love ya, Mom!}

 HHS yard sign-- Really?!?
 A little bit scary...
 A porcelain egg, dated 1983. I was born in 1982 so I'm not sure if the person who made this didn't know that or if they just dated it with the year that they made it?? Regardless of that issue- my Mom has no idea who made it or where it came from! What exactly should one do with a porcelain egg with your name and a random year on it??

We had a great time going through all of the boxes and my Mom definitely had to close her eyes as some things went in the trash. I am just not one for clutter and stuff, so hopefully I can figure out a way to capture all of these same memories for Bryson without keeping all of the junk things that go along with them!
I'm thinking about scanning it all and putting it into a Shutterfly book. Any other thoughts out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment