Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nancy

My Mom lost her best friend last night after a several-month long fight with malignant metastatic melanoma. Nancy was a true friend to my Mom and my family. She helped plan several details of my wedding, and even stayed at the reception hall during the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect when Jason and I arrived! She was selfless in giving to those she loved, raising children that were not her own. She and my mom were an odd pair, but the friendship between them was one of envy for many people. We are thankful that Nancy is no longer suffering but is singing in Heaven. Can't wait to see her again one day!!!

My mom has really proven a lot about her character during the last few months. She has taken Nancy to MD Anderson in Houston for scans, x-rays, treatments, and consultations. She has driven over an hour to take her dinner and just to sit with her. She has helped her daughter. Last night my Dad called to tell me the news. I asked to talk to my Mom but she was on the phone with Nancy's daughter. This makes me realize that the job of mom doesn't always end with our own children. Sometimes God has "special" jobs for us to do. I am thankful for a mom who is such a living example for me. My prayer at this time is for peace for my mom, Nancy's husband Vern, and Nancy's daughter Katie.

I will really miss Nancy's sense of humor. When we were trying to decide on Bryson's name, we told her that we were thinking of a name that started with a "B." She immediately guessed that we were going to name him Barack, and since that day has called him Baby Barack. I will never forget that. :)

2 comments:

  1. Courtney, What a beautiful tribute to Nancy and your mom. You are such an amazing young woman and we are all so proud of you. I love you lots and lots!!!

    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you court nancy thought alot of you and certanly your mother. i see her everywhere and hear her voice.
    she thought you were special, i will miss her forever
    her loving husband
    vern

    ReplyDelete