Friday, January 15, 2010

One more time!

Well, Bryson is STILL sick. He is still running fever, very congested, and not eating.

I called the pediatrician's office this afternoon, and they wanted to see him AGAIN. So, off we went.

Bryson has white puss pockets all over his little tonsils (no wonder he screams every time he takes a swallow from his bottle). I saw it! :(

Luckily his ears look great- so it looks like we may have dodged a bullet on that one. Now it is just a waiting game.
Meet our two new best friends:
Bryson actually drank 3 oz of grape pedialyte tonight! We need him to drink up so he doesn't get dehydrated and end up in the hospital on iv fluids. I was surprised at how easily he took it. It smells like grape kool-aid. :)

I have recently been told that it helps to put Vicks on the bottom of babies' feet if they are really congested. I asked the doctor about it this afternoon. He laughed, looked at me like I was slightly crazy, and said "Sure!". At this point I almost had a breakdown and told him I was very desperate. We'll try anything at this point...

So, the diagnoses remains. Bryson has a horrible viral throat infection. Nothing we can do but wait it out.

Please pray for Bryson, and for our sanity and health as we spend most nights awake taking care of this sweet baby.

1 comment:

  1. i've been praying for him. i hope he's better so i can play with him on tuesday.
    and, yes, vicks on the bottom of their feet while they sleep works. it works for my 2 kids anyways.

    ReplyDelete