Friday, June 11, 2010

Crisis Averted

I remember reading a blog post not too long ago about the importance of always backing your pictures up, and keeping them in at least three places. That blogger (thanks Erin!) got me very motivated. Motivated me enough to go out and buy cds, a cd holder, and we were "in the process" of buying an external hard drive. So, I started organizing pictures and loading them onto my computer. As I organized, I burned cds and even gave most of them to my mom to store in their (waterproof and fireproof) safe. I had all of my picture organized through January. The rest were on my camera card. My camera card that suddenly decided to delete EVERYTHING last Friday on our way to the lake. I don't understand. Usually I have to press a button THREE times to delete ONE picture. But- there I was in the car- happy and so excited to see all of our sweet friends- and poof!- they were gone. I was completely sick. All of Bryson's pictures were gone. Pictures of him learning to crawl and learning to walk. Pictures of EVERYTHING that ever mattered in my life! (Okay- so that might be a little dramatic- but that is literally how I felt at that moment.) Fortunately I have an amazing mom who called the Ritz camera store here in College Station. A guy that was working that day just happens to have a computer program that can usually recover pictures off of erased memory cards. I rushed over there on Sunday- he was working! He was able to recover my 800+ pictures. He said this happens to people all of the time. Did you hear me???? ALL OF THE TIME. My pictures are really important to me, and I know they are to most people. I have already backed them up- and will faithfully continue. I hope this keeps someone else from facing the same fate that I (almost :) did...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am SO glad you were able to get your pictures! I know how sad you were about losing them. Loved reading about your anniversary trip and seeing pictures. Looks like y'all had a wonderful, much-needed little getaway. Hope we get to see y'all again soon...before the next lake trip!

    ReplyDelete