I quit my job on June 11th.
I had had enough, so I gave my two-week notice and decided to move on to bigger and better things.
We left for the beach on Sunday (two days later). I had made a decision that I would not worry about work related issues while on vacation. I was not going to let a job steal the joy from my vacation. Of course this is easier said than done.
I decided to focus on these verses whenever I would start to even let my mind drift to the issues I was facing with that job:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8&9
That definitely helped, but occasionally I would still catch myself caught up in the drama of it all.
On the way home, after a WONDERFUL time with our families, I started to think about it again. Obsess about it is probably more accurate. Then I saw a sign on the side of the road. It said "Fear is a lack of faith."
I was definitely fearful. Fearful of where I would go to work next. Fearful of searching for a new job and starting all over again in the workplace. Fearful of still having to go back and deal with all of these issues at the current job. Fearful of missing a week's worth of income.
So- I let it go. God is in control. God always has been, and always will be. What does me worrying about anything really help? I gave it to God and took a nap alongside Bryson.
When we got home I checked the mail. This is always my first line of business whenever I get home. In the mail was an envelope from the IRS.
In that envelope was one of the biggest surprises that Jason and I have had in our marriage (is it weird that these surprises always come in the form of an envelope from the IRS? :)
Anyways, it was a check- for close to $1000. No letter of explanation. No nothing. Just a check. It happened to be the exact amount of our 2008 tax return that we were told we would never get. We had forgotten about it.
But- right when we really needed it (not only financially but also spiritually), it showed up.
God has a way of doing that.
These next few weeks are going to be tough. Lots of changes around the Ruple house. I know that these are good changes, though. Changes that have been a long time coming. I've gotten a new job. I go in today for pre-employment paperwork. I am excited. I know that God will be with me each step of the way.
So thankful for God's provisions- in EVERY aspect of our lives...
I think I need you praying for ME :) thanks for being such a wonderful example! Love you guys. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteAunt Amy
Oh, Courtney, I knew you were tired of it all but had no idea you were going to quit..just a week after our lake trip. God has such great plans for you and your sweet family. The check in the mail is a wonderful (tangible) example of God's provision in y'alls lives. I'll be praying and please let us know if you need anything!
ReplyDeleteTHanks for sharing your story and faith that God will provide. Enjoyed the quick visit last night. Praying for you and all these changes. You will do great at the hospital, they need you there I am sure! ANd what an exciting suprise in the mail, good for yall.
ReplyDeleteKatie