Last Sunday, June 13th, we loaded up ALL of the things necessary to travel with an eleven month old and headed to the beach! This was Bryson's first beach trip, and I was so excited. I love the beach. It is one of my favorite places to be. I love the sand and the waves, and even the salt water. I love the sun and feeding seagulls left-over bread on the last day. These are all things that I grew up experiencing every summer with my family; and this is something I definitely want to pass on and experience with Jason and our kids.
I have included about 500 pictures of our trip for your viewing pleasure. :) Really, I just want to remember every minute of our trip.
Here goes...
Bryson's first ferry ride!

Courtney and Julie
Courtney and Granny
Brothers and Babies(If you look closely you can see Jason and Granny each about to get onto the slides for a race to the bottom.)
Granny made it! (but I think Jason won!)




A whole new world to discover...


Waving "bye-bye". He loves to wave to everyone he sees!
Laynie giving Bryson a Kiss
Grandma brought a couple of new toys for Bryson to play with that someone at work had given her. He LOVED them! He was dancing and kept making this face. Not so sure what that was about!
Well, we knew that we would need shade on the beach. So, we bought a huge canopy and took it with us. Jason and the guys set it up on the first day. The next morning when we got down there it was destroyed! The wind was so strong that the canopy had completely collapsed. I was sick over it. Nothing we could do at that point but throw it away. My Mom and I went shopping one afternoon and I decided to buy an umbrella. It was $10 and I thought it was well worth the investment. Until we got it to the beach. Jason opened it and it immediately flipped inside out. Jason could barely hang onto it. It was ruined already! So, Jason and PawPaw rigged up a personal-sized shade spot for Bryson out of the remains of the umbrella. Such smart men we have! haha!


So glad you guys had such a wonderful time! You guys really needed it. :) And Bryson...what a character! I love the face he makes with the toy. AWESOME! ;)
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys so much! Can't wait until the 10th...
-Mel
Go Granny Go! Maybe I'll be brave enough to go down the slide with you next year. You have the best looking grandkids. Looking forward to the next trip!
ReplyDeleteGrandma
This looks like a GREAT family trip!! Bryson is adorable in his little floaty. TOO CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay Grandma, I will be expecting your company on the slide next year. We had a wonderful time. You have the best looking grandchild, also. Can't wait until next year!!!
ReplyDelete