Friday, August 6, 2010

Easy Wreath

I found this really cute idea over here at one of my favorite new blogs. I thought it was so cute! I am counting down the days until I can bust out my Fall decorations, but until then- this is just what my door needed!
Bryson and I went for a walk on Monday morning. I just happened to take my hand-held shrub clippers with me. The shrubs on the main street in our neighborhood were looking pretty scraggly, so I decided to help out the HOA and trim a few {don't tell!}.
I then used a straw wreath that I found {new in the package} at the thrift store for $1 and floral pins {also $1} and got to work. This took me all of about 10 minutes to do- and I love it!
Close Up:
Result: $2 Wreath.
Does it get much better than that?  :)

4 comments:

  1. That looks great. Don't forget your Mother-in-law. HAHA!!! I wish I was half as creative as you. It does look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo ... can you make me one? i'll take $2 off childcare next week? :) no, seriously, i want one. -erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crafty Miss Courtney, looks great! Good to talk to you real quick yesterday, hope you had a fastastic night out with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm always blown away with your craftiness! You've got such an amazing talent. And just like everyone else, I WANT ONE, TOO! HaHa I will be more than happy to give you $5! Even though you are a wonderful nurse, I'm thinking you have a hidden career right before your eyes. ;)

    Sorry about not being able to see you guys yesterday. I was very sad. But Landon sounds HORRIBLE and I would feel even worse if we gave this yucky cold to your handsome, little ONE YEAR old.

    Love and miss you guys like always!

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete