When we got home on Sunday afternoon we discovered full stockings and the gifts that Santa left. So much fun!
We spent the rest of Sunday afternoon relaxing, paying no attention to the disaster that was all around us. I stayed home with Bryson on Monday and Tuesday. We played and played and played some more with all of Bryson's new toys. I also did about fifteen loads of laundry to try to catch up from being sick and traveling. The two days at home were just what we needed!
My mom came to watch Bryson on Wednesday and Thursday (Erin was taking a much deserved vacation) and then I had the day off on Friday.
Here is Bryson eating at his new picnic table with his new best friend the laughing monkey by his side. This monkey is no ordinary monkey. It laughs. Loudly. Over and over again. Jason said the only reason we are keeping it is because my grandmother gave it to him. :)
Working on the laptop...
On Friday Felisa came over and we had our last gift exchange. She was so sweet to bring Bryson a sweater from Gymboree and a tray of candles for me. She also brought homemade flour tortillas that we enjoyed immediately {and have been enjoying all day today, too!}.
And last but not least, we put up our Christmas tree and decorations today. My grandmother says that it is bad luck to put your tree up before New Year's Day. A few years ago I warned Jason of this when he started to put our tree up early, and he said that he didn't believe in bad luck.
Famous last words of a fool...
That's right. While he was putting the tree in the attic, he fell through the ceiling. I heard a really loud noise and the next thing I knew all of my ornaments, decorations, Christmas tree, and Jason's legs had come through the ceiling.
Luckily some friends of ours knew how to make the repairs.
So, long story short, we NEVER pack up our Christmas decorations until January 1.
****************
So, we had a wonderful time traveling and seeing both sides of our families, but we have made a decision about next year. We have decided that Bryson will be old enough to understand what is going on, and that we want to stay home on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This is sad {I will have spent the last 29 years opening presents with my family on Christmas morning} but also exciting {to start our own Christmas Eve/Morning traditions}. I am looking forward to a December full of family, friends, food, and balance. I've never been very good at the last one, but am determined to master it next December. So, someone please remind me of that when I am pulling my hair out and stressed about the season. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment