The last week or so in the Ruple household has been pretty miserable.
Let me explain:
Friday 1/7/11: Bryson gets a new high-chair. Life is good.
Saturday 1/8/11: Mykah turns 2 and we help her celebrate at her "Pajamas and Pancakes" party.
Close-up of the cake that is actually donut holes on skewers. So cute!
Bryson working on making a fruit-loop necklace...
Most of the fruit-loops went directly into the mouth.
Sweet smile from the birthday girl's big sis!
I am a sucker for a cute party. I love it. So, of course I am the crazy mom taking pictures of all of the decorations. :)
Party Favors! {How stinkin' cute are these?!?!}
So, we're rolling right along, enjoying the party, when Bryson starts running fever. After swearing to everyone that he did NOT have fever before the party, we left. By the time we got home the fever was even worse. We gave him some Motrin, prayed that it was teething, crossed all of our fingers and all of our toes that it was teething, and put him down for a nap.
I took this picture to show my mom how red his little cheeks were. Almost seems cruel to post it, but I'm going to.
While Bryson napped I decided to go buy paint for the living room. And I proceeded to do this when I got home:
I need a change. I've always shied away from color on the walls. You can always paint over it if you don't like it, right? :)
So, Bryson woke up from his nap and was sick sick sick. After being up all night I took him to the urgent care clinic on Sunday morning. They said it was a viral upper respiratory infection and that he was teething. Viral = no antibiotics. Viral = go home and wait it out while your kid is miserable. Viral = nothing you can do.
So, my mom made a trip to College Station. It was so nice to have her here helping. We always wish that we lived closer to our families, but when we have a sick baby, we really wish we were closer.
My mom stayed with him on Monday. She called me shortly after lunch and said that she was really worried about him and that I needed to come home. I got here as fast as I could. He was burning up. We rushed him to the doctor. After waiting and waiting, a chest x-ray, dealing with a power outage, and waiting some more, the doctor said that he had a viral infection; it was either the flu or croupe. She could have tested to find out which one, but it was just going to cost us more money {we pay everything out of pocket up to $6,000}, and you treat them both the same way. She said his fever should be down by Wednesday, and completely gone by Thursday. She did start him on antibiotics due to his chest x-ray looking bad- so that it wouldn't turn into pneumonia. I am so incredibly thankful that my mom was there with me.
Bryson continued to run fever until today {Friday}. At one time it was up to 104.8. I have never seen him so sick. At one point in the car his eyes were open but he wasn't responding to me. Scary doesn't even begin to cover it.
Now Jason and I are suffering with upper respiratory junk. Lets just say that when I blow my nose air blows out of my eye. Not kidding.
My friend who is a doctor laughed so hard when I told her that! I, on the other hand, don't find it to be quite as comical.
So, now that Bryson finally seems to be feeling better our plan for the weekend is to rest and recuperate.
{ and maybe paint the living room :) }
Hoping for a less eventful week next week...
i miss him. and i'm glad he's better, but praying you and jason stay healthy too. :)
ReplyDeleteYUCK!! Poor Byson and momma and I hear you about being close to mommas when you have sick babies. Glad he is better. I know just what you are talking about about blowing air out of eye, done it! Hope to talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete