Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun Weekend/Work Weekend

Early in September Bryson and I headed to New Braunfels for the weekend.
Grandma had a table set up just for Bryson complete with play-dough and tons of fun activities. Can we say "wrapped around his finger"?

 On Sunday afternoon Granny came over to see us! We spent the afternoon shopping and of course, being entertained by Bryson.

 On Monday (Labor Day) we went to Great Grandma Strawn's house for lunch.
 B with Grandma and Great Grandma
 The fires in Bastrop started burning that day. I remember seeing on the news while we were eating lunch that close to 400 homes had been destroyed. That seemed like such a huge number. When Bryson and I left we had to go all the way back to Austin and then home, avoiding Bastrop. This added about an hour and a half to our trip- but we had no other choice. I couldn't believe how much smoke there was! Here is a picture taken out of my window where Hwy 290 intersects Hwy 21. There were people lined up on the road, standing outside of their cars, taking pictures. These fires ended up destroying over 1500 homes before they were contained. I will never forget this sight.
 When we finally got home we had an amazing surprise! Jason and some of our friends spent the weekend installing wood floors in our living room. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about Jason installing them, but they are perfect!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our "new" living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment