"She isn't missing. We know where she is."
I am so thankful for these words that my friend Jenny spoke to me tonight.
This evening has been a little bit rough. The woman who had the very first in-utero surgery at Texas Children's Hospital (I was #2) delivered her baby yesterday. She was over five pounds and made it to 36 weeks. Her name is Charlotte which interestingly was one of our top two names for our sweet Caroline. Watching the story unfold on the news left me with tears of excitement and joy, but also left me feeling as if I had been punched in the gut. I can't help but think that that could be my baby lying there, all cuddled up. We could have had that outcome.
But, we didn't. God chose to heal Caroline in a different way. I will never understand all of this, but I know that I'm not supposed to right now.
One night a few weeks ago I read the book "Heaven is for Real." I was honestly a bit skeptical before reading it. This book has received so much hype and I am usually disappointed by these types of books. Not this time. "Heaven is for Real" gave me so much hope. Jason and I now know that when we get to Heaven, we will be greeted by two babies. One we have held in our arms and one we have not. I know it will be glorious. {don't worry- we are NOT rushing it!} We just know where we're going and where Caroline is, and we are so thankful for the peace that brings in this sad situation of this world {if you haven't read it- go. get. it. now.}.
I am so thankful for the fetal surgical team at TCH and the strides they have made to lessen the effects of this devastating disease. They are performing miracles every day! It is truly amazing.
Please keep little Charlotte and her Mom in your prayers.
"My grace is all you need, for my power is strongest when you are weak."
2 Corinthians 12:9
I had the pleasure of meeting Charlotte's mom in the Ronald McDonald House in Houston. I wish them the best and will keep them in my prayers. I definitely understand the "punched in the gut feeling" as well. Reading this brought it all back. We all know that Caroline is in a much better place even though we miss her terribly. Ya'll hang in there. We will all be together again one day. Love you guys! Momma Nadine :)
ReplyDelete