Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Final Farewell

After many months of stalling, I finally agreed to selling my old car. I was actually sad to see it go! Here is a little bit about our journey together... :)
When I turned 16, I got this white jeep cherokee. I loved that jeep and it was great for lugging around all of my stuff and friends. One weekend Jason and I were in San Antonio on our way to a wedding that we were both in. Picture us- Jason in a tuxedo and me in a bridesmaid dress- and my jeep broke down! It was about 105 degrees outside and we were stranded. Unfortunately, we had to call a friend to come get us, and my jeep had to be towed to Kyle. I was sure it would never run again. In the meantime I borrowed my Mom's car. She said she was looking for a new car (for me), and then told me I had to have my jeep back. I was SO disappointed! Jason and I met them in Bastrop to get my jeep back. I saw the jeep when we pulled into the parking lot and again felt a little bit sad that I wasn't getting a newer vehicle. While we were eating my brother went out to the car to "get my dad's cell phone." What he was really doing was moving my new (to me) car next to my jeep so I would see it when we walked outside! When we walked out, my dad said "Here's the keys" and pulled out Honda keys. I looked and saw the car, but couldn't believe it. It was the best surprise ever! Here are a few pictures from that day...
So, six years and 130,000 miles later, it was time to say good-bye (the odometer was at 201,000 miles!). We've taken a lot of trips and had a lot of good times in this car.
The good news is that I needed a new vehicle because I have precious cargo to protect!
It's just another life change that has made me stop and think about how blessed we are. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww...this post makes me so sad! It's just amazing how fast things are passing us by and how much everything has changed. Goodbye silver Honda!

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have stored it away for Bryson.

    ReplyDelete