Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nine Months Old

Bryson turned nine months old last Saturday. Jason and I have been talking about how fast these nine months have flown by (much faster than the pregnancy! :) Unfortunately, Bryson has been sick for the last week with a throat infection and a sinus infection---- and is teething on top of all of that. Poor baby! I took him to the doctor when he got sick so they said we could skip our well-check the next week. Bryson is "rocking and rolling" developmentally and is more and more fun every day. His weight and height were in the 50th percentiles. He now has one bottom tooth and one top tooth. The other top front tooth is trying to push through (and we definitely wish it would already!). He normally sleeps pretty well- and we are hoping that will return when his gums start feeling better.
Bryson remains a very picky eater. He does not like most baby foods, so (for the most part) we have moved on to other things. He loves cheerios and nutrigrain bars. The only vegetable he really likes is sweet potatoes. He does love all types of fruits that he has tried (especially bananas, pears, and peaches). I gave him the Gerber turkey sticks and he literally gagged. I'm going to try to keep offering a variety of foods and hope that he eventually develops a taste for them. Unfortunately I think he might have my sweet tooth. A boy after my own heart!
Bryson is still staying with Erin on the days that I work and seems to really be thriving there. Erin's daughter Karsyn greets us at the car each morning and Bryson is always excited to see her. What a blessing we "stumbled" into.
Bryson is now walking behind his walker. He is so fast! I will try to catch it on video soon. Our lives are definitely about to change.
We had a garage sale yesterday and Bryson provided all of the entertainment. He smiled at everyone and really flirted with the ladies. He was a trooper, and definitely enjoyed Grandma and Uncle Matt hanging around and providing him with lots of attention.
We are enjoying every moment with this sweet little boy and are thankful for all the joy that he brings to our family. Before we know it he will be turning one, then off to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment