Friday, April 8, 2011

21 Month Stats

Bryson is almost 21 months old and I can honestly say that I can't believe it! Soon we will be counting his age in years instead of months, and I know that the years are sure to fly by. So sad. On the other hand, Bryson is changing so much from day to day. It seems like he wakes up as an older kid every morning. He is talking more and more, and was even pretending with his Granny last weekend {He was pretending to get a piece of ice out of her cup, pretending to put it in his mouth, and then pretending to drop it. He would then say "Uh Oh!" and pretend to pick it up and put it in his mouth. We were amazed and could see his little wheels spinning! Crazy!}. He is a handful but is so much fun.
I took him to the doctor today for an ear check. She said he has fluid behind both ear drums, but that there is no {current} infection. She said that it can be normal to have fluid behind the ears for up to two months after an ear infection. This could be affecting his hearing, which could in turn be affecting his speech. I have recently noticed that when he repeats certain things he just repeats the right number of syllables, and that it doesn't sound anything like the actual words. I guess this could be normal, but we are going to get his ears checked again in 4-6 weeks. If he still has fluid we will probably be headed to the ENT for tubes. She also said that she could tell by looking in his nose that he has bad allergies, so we are starting him on Claritin every day. Hopefully this will help, too.
Now for the 21 month stats (since we haven't had a well-check with stats since Bryson was 12 months):
Height: 34.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 25.7 pounds (50th percentile)
Shoe Size: 6 1/2 or 7 (he used to have to wear an extra wide, but his foot has really slimmed down and now he can wear a regular ol' medium)
We are so thankful for this little man. Don't know what we would do without him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment