There is just something about an old friend...
Heather is that friend. We have been friends for a LONG time, and on Wednesday she decided to come for a visit!
We spent the day chatting and ate lunch at a local deli. Even though there wasn't much on the agenda for the day, we both had a great time. It was so refreshing just to reconnect and spend some time together.
Heather brought a cape that she made for Bryson. He LOVES it and I seriously cannot get him to take it off! I will not let him sleep with it on (as I have convinced myself that it will probably choke him to death), but he does sleep with it held tightly in his little hand. Thanks, Heather, for this perfect gift!
If you ask Bryson he will tell you that his cape makes him "run fast!"
And apparently, capes are fun for boys of all ages. Jason made me place my camera at least 5 feet from me before he put it on, but I did manage to get Bryson's reaction to his Daddy running through the living room like a super hero. Priceless!
Thanks so much for coming to visit, Heather! It was just what I needed. Can't wait to do it again!
There are not words to describe how great of a time I had yesterday. Thank you! I feel so selfish saying that, since I shouldn't have gotten more from the visit than you did :-) but, my heart is full too! I am so very thankful for all our years of friendship and am looking forward to many many more.
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE that Bryson loves his cape. That makes me one very happy lady! We cannot wait to see y'all in a few weeks.
Jason is one smart guy! He has learned his lesson! So glad you & Heather had a great visit. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks. Grandma Shirley made a Batman cape for Matt & he wore it all the time. Something about those capes... Thanks Heather! Love, Mom Nadine
ReplyDeleteWell, I am looking forward to seeing you too! I think capes are a necessity for any boy, like a girl with dress up clothes!
ReplyDeletePS I totally could have predicted that Jason would be wearing it, just a feeling Bryson gave me!
Im kinda disappointed. I wanted to see Jason in the cape. Maybe you'll get another chance. Hope so.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya!!
Aunt Kathy
Yes, I am going to need two of those capes!!!! Absolutely totally awesome. My boys would love them!
ReplyDelete--Abby
Abby
DeleteIf you are interested in having me make capes for your boys, send me an email and we can work it out. I'll be in town for the race and can bring them then if you'd like.
caden_colton_mom@yahoo.com
Heather