Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Little bit of this, little bit of that...

I have been so bad at blogging lately! We have been so busy and I have been doing more important things like spending time with my two favorite men.
No complaints about that here. :)
Last Friday I took the afternoon off. I knew that I was going to have to go into work for a little while on Saturday to provide some training for one of my employees, so I decided that it was time for an afternoon with my baby! I left right around lunch time and headed to pick him up. We played for a little while, and then I put him down for a nap. While he was napping, I worked on a little project.
I have never allowed Bryson to have ANYTHING in his crib. No bumper pads, no blankets, no stuffed animals, no pillows. No nothing. Period.
I have finally decided that he is old enough for a pillow. Not just any pillow though. It had to be a small pillow so that if it somehow ended up on top of his face, it wouldn't be big enough to stay on his face. I know- I'm super paranoid, but hey- better safe than sorry! So, I went and bought a small pillow and some fabric. During nap time I made a pillow case. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, especially considering the fact that I totally made it up as I went.

He loved it!
This is how he has gone to bed every time since he got his new pillow (of course, he doesn't end up like this in the morning!).
 I ended up getting called out on Saturday and Sunday to see patients. To say that I was not thrilled would be an understatement. I was pleasantly surprised though, to remember how much I love being a nurse. I enjoy my job as a manager, but my true passion is nursing. It was really nice to mix things up a bit.
When I got home Sunday afternoon we headed to Lowe's to get the supplies for another project. Have I mentioned that I am loving Lowe's these days?

I ordered a vinyl ruler growth chart (thanks for the idea, Erin!) and have finished the board. All I've got to do is put the vinyl on the board now. I love this idea because we will be able to take this with us whenever we move. My parents' used to mark our heights on the back of a door, and when they moved they took the door with them! This will be much easier and will be a sweet reminder in the future of how little Bryson once was. I will post pictures of the finished product!
Sunday ended up being much more relaxing than I had planned, and my sweet hubs even surprised me with girl scout cookies. Need I say more?
{On another note: I have turned another corner----> Bryson now has a blanket in his crib! It is a crocheted afghan with LOTS of holes {thank you Beth!}, but it is still a blanket! This kid is in Heaven!}

1 comment:

  1. Love your projects! Bryson's pillow case is adorable! Way to go! (Out of curiousity--what setting is your camera on for the iron/fabric picture, and the woodfinish pic?)

    ReplyDelete