Thursday, February 3, 2011

You know you're getting old when...

1.)  ...you suddenly realize that the girl who got you out of the waiting room at the dentist office, who commented on the fact that you have on the same pair of scrubs as you followed her bobbing ponytail down the hallway, who looks to be about twenty years old {at the most}, IS the dentist. How did this happen? I am usually on the other end of this. Just last Sunday when I got called out to see a patient, the patient's wife said "Well you sure don't look very old, how long have you been a nurse?" That question has always kind of annoyed me. I want to say "Long enough to know what I'm doing." Instead, I smile and answer politely. So, today, I went with it {after I realized what was going on}. Maybe I am senile! Jason assures me that she is surely up to date on the latest technology and techniques! We will see...

2.)  ...you are watching a Hallmark movie and they suddenly say in a Hallmarky voice "And here's a flashback to a classic commercial from thirty years ago." I didn't think a thing of it. UNTIL the commercial started to play, and I noticed in the bottom right hand corner that it said "A Classic from 1981."  1-9-8-1! I was born in 1982! Does this mean that I am now "a classic?" Woe- what is going on here?

I'm definitely not panicking about getting older. I am honestly enjoying my life more and more with each passing milestone. But, I sort of feel like I am entering a new era. Unknown territory. Not too sure how I feel about that yet. Only time will tell. I will definitely be applying a little bit of extra moisturizer tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. You pay good money for that Clinique, so apply as much as you want :) I'm thankful for my "old"er, wiser sister to help me navigate through this crazy life!

    ReplyDelete