Monday, July 4, 2011

Camp Lambert

The last weekend in May we headed to Dallas for Camp Lambert. Amy and Zach had invited us all for a weekend full of fun and family. We were so excited to see everyone, and also to make a big announcement. I didn't talk to my mom or sister much that week {which is HIGHLY unusual} because I am not very good at keeping secrets. We were glowing the whole way to Dallas. The first night we were going to go to a minor league baseball game- so I made Bryson a shirt to help make our big announcement.
 Aunt Amy was the first one to notice what it said, and put it all together. My mom cried, we called Jason's family. I was six weeks along and what a perfect time to share the good news with our family.
 We went to the game that night and had so much fun just relaxing and enjoying the evening.


 Of course Bryson was spoiled rotten, as usual, by PawPaw.
 "Come on ump!"





 The next day we barbecued by the pool at Zach and Amy's apartment for lunch. Bryson had a blast soaking up the sun {and all the attention!}.


 Uncle Matt was dipping Bryson into the pool and then pulling him out again. B was cracking up, and then would say "Moe!" {more!}
 "Moe Uncle Zach!"
Saturday night we all got ready and attended the Saturday evening service at Prestonwood, the church where Zach is currently serving as an intern. It was a HUGE church! I have never seen anything like it- almost felt more like a college campus. They had a patriotic service for Memorial day and it was amazing. We got a tour of the entire campus thanks to our inside connection. :)
That night we all ate dinner together and then my mom watched Bryson in the hotel so that we, along with Amy and Zach, could go over to Matt and Shannon's apartment. It was great to finally see their apartment. We spent lots of that night laughing.
Sunday morning I woke up with severe cramping and knew right away that I had lost the baby. It was horrible and awful and that is the only way I know how to explain it. Honestly, we were devastated. We packed up early and headed home, and later ended up in the ER on the recommendation of my doctor. They confirmed what I already knew.
Through all of this, I have learned so much about the amazing people that surround us every day.
I had a friend come and get Bryson so that we could go to the hospital, and she hugged me and just let me cry. She felt my pain. I can't explain that.
I had friends who cried with me, loved on me, prayed for me in my living room, and brought me wine. There were deliveries of flowers, and our famlies- there aren't enough kind words to say about them.
Through it all, God was merciful in showing me the good in the ugly. It is still hard. I would have been due in January. I have good days, and not-so-good days.
I have an amazing husband who, even when he didn't know what to say, knew how to just be there.
We are blessed beyond blessed, and while we are in somewhat of a sad season, we know that God is the ultimate planner. He knows His plans for us, and we are trusting in that.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney - thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this, Courtney. I know we don't see or talk to each other much but please know that I am close by and am always willing to lend an ear. You referenced one of my favorite verses and I am glad that you are finding peace in that. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love you. So sorry that you have to be a part of this "no one can really understand until they've been there, but no one really wants to be here" sorority. Still praying....

    ReplyDelete