Bryson had surgery on May 6-- and I am just now blogging about it! I have been so far behind {on seemingly everything in my life}, but am now getting to a point where I am ready to {try to} catch up on everything. So, on to the tubes...
We went in that morning at 8am. Our biggest concern was him wanting his milk {he usually wakes up between 5am and 6am and the first thing he asks for is milk}. As soon as he woke up we put him in the car and drove. He surprised us and was perfectly happy the whole time.
I asked the doctor to check his adenoids while he was in surgery, due to the fact that Bryson has had a runny nose since birth. He was a little resistant, but then did have to take them out {the doctor said they were huge and infected}. SO glad I asked!
Bryson did great during/after surgery. They warned us that he had been under general anesthesia due to the adenoid removal, and would need to take a long nap to sleep it all off before he was allowed to walk on his own. In true Bryson fashion, he was galloping around the living room as soon as we got home. He didn't even take a nap until his regular nap time that afternoon. Such a trooper!
Grandma came to visit and help since Jason had to go to work that morning. She brought him a balloon and suckers!
We spent the whole day doing what Bryson wanted to do that day. He recovered without any problems and has not had an ear infection since! We are so thankful for the ease of this surgery and how well he is doing now.
No comments:
Post a Comment