The last three weeks have been the hardest we have ever faced individually and as a married couple. No one ever thinks something like this will happen to them, and we were definitely part of that mentality. We survived the miscarriage, and maybe were a little bit stronger because of it. But this? This is still a bit beyond belief.
While the heartache still lingers on, the questions still come, and the pleading with God still happens, I have noticed something else in the midst of all of this.
I have seen God's goodness, firsthand, on so many levels. We are surrounded (and I mean thick!) with amazing people. People who have cried with us, held our hands, taken Bryson, provided meals, and just sat silently with us when the words wouldn't come. People who have loved us--- really, really loved us. Family who have dropped everything to be with us and who have prayed non-stop. We have even seen God's face in emails from people we don't know passed along to us by those we do. The outpouring of love and support has been astounding.
While the heartache still lingers on, the questions still come, and the pleading with God still happens, I have noticed something else in the midst of all of this.
I have seen God's goodness, firsthand, on so many levels. We are surrounded (and I mean thick!) with amazing people. People who have cried with us, held our hands, taken Bryson, provided meals, and just sat silently with us when the words wouldn't come. People who have loved us--- really, really loved us. Family who have dropped everything to be with us and who have prayed non-stop. We have even seen God's face in emails from people we don't know passed along to us by those we do. The outpouring of love and support has been astounding.
Today I received an email from a friend saying that she had gotten together with others to set up house cleaning for us. Shortly after I got an email with a calendar of people providing meals for us a few times a week for the next two months. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I love a clean house and to plan out meals for my family. The very thought of being away from home for 2 weeks (and possibly 10) is making me crazy! So, this act of people coming together to do these things for us has literally blown me away today.
I am thankful beyond words. I am speechless.
I will have to buy thank-you notes in bulk.
This is a strange place for me. A place of complete heartbreak and fear, but also a place of seeing God's goodness and mercies all around me.
Wow.
Resting in those mercies tonight...
Resting in those mercies tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment