Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year our Thanksgiving was full of family and friends. We first traveled to New Braunfels on Wednesday afternoon to spend a few days with my family. Fortunately we were there at the same time as Amy and Zach, and Matt and Shannon, so we really enjoyed that time at home. On Thursday we went over to my Aunt Kathy's house where my Grandma and several of my extended family members joined us. We had a great time full of washer pitching and entirely too much food. Bryson traipsed through the back pasture with Uncle Wayne, and was so worn out from all of the fun that he eventually came to me and said he was ready to go night night in his car seat. That was a first!
Friday morning (aka Black Friday) my mom and I got up and left the house at 6am to try to catch a few good deals with all of the other crazies. :) Surprisingly we didn't really have to fight any crowds (even at the Outlet Mall!). I ended up buying every gift I needed except for one- and I didn't even take a list with me. I would say that it was definitely a successful trip! 
Here are a few pictures from our time in New Braunfels...
 Grandma and PawPaw
 Just hangin' out in Uncle Matt's boots...
 Friday afternoon we loaded up and headed to Pleasanton to spend a few days with Jason's family. That evening we got to eat dinner with Sandra and Dan. Saturday morning the whole crew came over for family photos. It was quite an adventure but well worth it. I then worked on our Christmas gift for Jason's parents. Here are my nephews hiding part of the gift from Granny...
 ...and just being boys/brothers!
 Jason got to play golf with 15 friends that afternoon and I enjoyed some time with the girls. That night we grilled steaks and my mother-in-law fixed all of the sides. It was delicious. We got a nice surprise when Abby, Wilson, Brooke and David stopped by to see us. It was so good to see them and to be able to enjoy some sweet time with girl friends (even if it was short!). We also got to see Kami, Ruben, and baby Leyna. She has grown so much since the last time we saw her (when she was born in July!).
Bryson and Laynie played so well together. Here they are with B standing on the elliptical machine and Laynie making it go with her arms (B didn't weigh enough to even budge it!).
 And hanging out at the little picnic table...
 I love this picture of Grandpa and his two youngest (for a few more months, anyways!) grand kids. Can you tell how much fun they were having?  :)
Overall we had a great Thanksgiving break and were so blessed by the time we were able to spend with our family and friends. We knew that we probably wouldn't be returning home for Christmas this year, so we really tried to make the best of it.
And, I can't let this season of Thanksgiving pass without listing a few things that I am thankful for. Here goes...
1. My amazing husband who has been so strong throughout this scary season of our lives, but has also been a soft place for me to land. Could not have made it this far without him.
2. My sweet little two-year-old who amazes me every day. What a gift!
3. The support system we have in our families.
4. Our incredible friends who have gone above and beyond over and over again. I am continually amazed at the goodness we have surrounding us.
5. The team of medical professionals taking care of me and our sweet baby Caroline. We truly believe that we are exactly where we are supposed to be and that has been such a comfort.
6. This squirmy little one in my belly, whom we know will be such a blessing to our family.
7. A God who understands what I need even when I don't have the words needed to ask.
8. Bubble baths.
9. Good books.
10. Strawberry Mentos.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment