Tuesday, February 1, 2011

--Flashback--

Last time my mom came to visit she brought a box out of my room that she wanted me to go through. There were so many things in that box. Things from my childhood that I haven't thought about in probably twenty years! {I can't believe I'm old enough to write that.} Anyways, one of the things in the box was this old S&S Fertilizer cap. I knew right away that I wanted to get a cute picture of Bryson wearing it, and ran inside and grabbed my camera. This hat reminds me of so many things.
  • the old office in Lockhart
  • my first dog, a wiener dog named Max, that I taught to do tricks using sour cream and onion Lay's potato chips
  • my PawPaw smoking cigars and driving his old red car
  • big breakfasts that my Nan would cook every morning
  • running into the coffee shop and asking PawPaw for money to buy Mighty Mouse popsicles
  • riding in the bucket on the front-end loader
  • cruising the property in my Dad's truck as a ten year old with friends in the passenger seat (what were my parents thinking?!?!?)
  • the wooden staircase where the box of hats were stored
  • the tv in the other room so that my mom could listen to All My Children every day
  • how hard my parents worked to provide for us
  • S&S gas checks
  • the crazy man that used to walk by and knock on the window
  • putting quarters on the train track and checking back after they had been flattened
  • sweet tea from Railroad BBQ
So crazy how one little hat can bring back so many memories. Loving this trip down memory lane...

2 comments:

  1. Well, you made me cry! What wonderful memories! Our family has been blessed beyond blessed. Thanks for sharing! The cap looks precious on Bryson. I have another box ready for my next trip. Love ya'll, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. s&s fertilizer is one of maybe 5 phone numbers i still have memorized! you just brought back so many memories! i remember thinking your mom had the best job in the world bc she got rail road bbq and had that little tv!
    -kourt

    ReplyDelete