This last week was a CrAzY one! Uncle Will came for a visit. Bryson LOVED playing with him. They played football...
...and read books.
It was great to see him!
***
I started a new Bible study on Thursday night. It is called "Apples of Gold". Each Thursday evening I will be going to some one's home where we will be shown how to prepare a certain meal from start to finish, let the meal bake while we are having our Bible study, and then all eat the meal together. Last week was so much fun. It turned out that all of my friends are in the Sunday night group, and Sunday evenings don't work well for us. Sunday is our family day and our time to get ready for the week. So, I joined the Thursday group and I didn't know a single person! It was so much fun, though. I am looking forward to Thursday already! :)
***
Friday I spent 9 hours in the home of one of my dying patients. When I arrived there were 14 family members, the preacher, and the music minister all there. The wife apparently plays the piano for their church, because she started playing hymns and we all sang. Everyone cried. It was an amazing and moving experience. I will never forget that rendition of "What a Friend We Have In Jesus" and "How Great Thou Art." I know that I was there for a reason. I took care of that patient and his family during one of the most monumental moments of all of their lives. What an honor. I hope that is how I go. Weird, I know. But so true. I will never forget that.
***
Friday night Bryson woke up at 2am with a temperature of 104.7 degrees. I took him to Urgent Care on Saturday morning, and they said he had a throat infection. AGAIN!!! We are SO tired of dealing with sickness around here! To make matters worse- Saturday was Sam's birthday party. That makes two birthday parties in four weeks that we have had to miss due to illness. AND- we could see the blow up bouncy thing {can't remember right now what it is really called!} in the Kenley's yard through our window. So sad!
***
Never fear- Granny is here!!!!
Saturday Granny got here right before lunch. Jason won tickets to the A&M Women's basketball game for Saturday night so Granny came to watch him. His fever was down by that evening, but we were exhausted. We skipped the game and just went out to eat instead. We had a great time and were so glad for an evening and a nice meal to ourselves. Granny and Bryson had a good time too!
***
By Sunday the fever was gone. Bryson opened up a Valentine's Day package from Grandma and PawPaw. He got a card that sings "Who Let the Dogs Out?" The Beards gave him a coloring book that sang that song for his birthday, and it was one of his favorite gifts {until he broke it shortly after getting it!}. He LOVED his card, and has danced and danced and danced to it!
He always sticks one arm straight up in the air and spins around in circles. We don't know where he learned this, but it is HILARIOUS!
Crazy kid!!!
I have also spent the last earthly moments with a few patients, and yes, they are unforgettable. I know you were a blessing to them during that emotional time. ***** Absolutely LOVE Bryson's dancing! Hope he's 100% soon!
ReplyDelete