Thursday, March 29, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Quickly!
We planted our garden from the end of February through the middle of March, and have literally been watching it grow every single day. I am loving it! Bryson also loves to dig in the dirt- though he is mainly looking for worms to destroy (more on that later).
The weekend of the Armadillo Dash I accidentally forgot to close the gate. Turns out Jake loves the garden too! Our 100 pound dog trampled all through it. I had planted lettuce seeds and was terrified that they were probably destroyed. But, much to my amazement, a few days later we saw this:
 I was skeptical that it was even lettuce at first. Could I have really grown something- from a seed?? Jason quickly pointed out that weeds don't grow in a straight line. :) Guess he was right because we have lettuce! Lots of it!
Here is my first asparagus sighting on 3/12/12:
(Look hard- it is the little green thing poking up right in the middle!)
And here is our asparagus just three days later:
Growing. Overnight. EVERY night. CRAZY!
Here are a few others from March 15th as well:
Strawberries
Everything! We have asparagus, lettuce, jalapenos, squash, zucchini, broccoli, cucumber, cantaloupe, strawberries and tomatoes planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment