Bryson had his three year-old well check on Monday. He must have gotten a stomach virus because Monday morning he started vomiting {ALL. over. my. bed. I'm sure I shattered any previous record I had set for the amount of laundry I could do in one day.}. The appointment turned out to be scheduled at a perfect time! Fortunately he seemed to feel okay in between throwing up. We spent the day resting and then went in to see Dr. Meyer.
She said that a stomach bug is going around, and not to be surprised if Jason and I had it the next day. Thank goodness neither one of us caught it!
Bryson did great at the appointment even though he was acting really shy. Dr. Meyer said that she wanted to listen to his heart and he lifted up his shirt for her. She said he is doing great! He is 37.75" tall (50th percentile) and 30.5 pounds (40th percentile).
We had been a bit concerned because Bryson is often hoarse. She said that we will watch him, and that he might have to have speech therapy at some point to learn how to "get loud" appropriately. Worst case scenario would be him developing nodules on his vocal cords which may require surgical removal. Hopefully we will be able to get him into therapy before that happens if this problem continues {on a side note- my brother had to have speech therapy for the exact same thing!}.
We had a great check-up and are so thankful for health!
No comments:
Post a Comment