Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thank you, Lord!

I just read this, and I just have to share.
A while back Heather told me that she had found a blog. The blog is called "Our Caroline Grace." That isn't even the craziest part! It turns out that another couple had a sweet little girl, who had a neural tube defect, who was born on December 15th (so shares a birthday with our Caroline Grace), who also named their precious baby Caroline Grace.
Weird. When I first found out about this I was stunned. So stunned I almost didn't know what to say. But, I never stay silent for too long :) , so I went ahead and emailed the other mom.
She was very sweet in her response. Their Caroline Grace was their first baby, and they had also been through so much. I don't know why I am always amazed by God and HIS timing! You would think I would have learned by now!
Anyways, I have checked their blog occasionally, and the other day my mom told me that they are expecting again. For some reason I just thought to check it tonight. They are due to have another baby in February- and they found out yesterday that the baby is perfectly healthy! The anencephaly did not recur!
I don't know this couple personally, but I can imagine the anticipation that faced that ultrasound.
I have been praying for them when they have come to mind over the last several months, and am so glad to hear that they have a healthy baby on the way. This news really just touched me tonight.
As Jason and I start to think about trying to have another child (whether it be biologically or through adoption), I pray that we will handle ourselves with as much grace and poise as this sweet couple has. They have truly been a light and let the glory of God shine through them even throughout their devastating circumstances.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment