This party was so much fun to put together! Bryson has {literally} been saying that he wanted a fire man party for the last six months! There is a fire station right by our house and he loves to drive by it every day. So, I called my sweet {and oh so talented} friend Heather and asked her to make an invitation and coordinating items for Bryson's party. She did an amazing job! All I had to do was send it to the printer {I used Copy Corner here in town} and then cut it all out. Thank you Heather!!!
She even made this cute cup for the birthday boy!
Our party favors were small paper gift bags complete with a tag that said "Thanks for coming to my party! You're a LIFESAVER!" They were filled with individually wrapped life savers.
We were going to go to the fire station for a tour, but knew we would be back at our house for a good portion of the party. We were trying to think of something the kids could do to pass the time. Like any kid, Bryson loves to climb in, on, around, over, and under things. So an obstacle course was a great solution! There was a balance beam that was over hot coals {I added black "coals" under the beam before the party started}. Then the kids had to crawl through fiery hoops...
There was a building to crawl through {two moving boxes taped together and painted!} and then they had to rescue a cat out of the tree {Bryson's playscape}.
I taped "flames" around empty coke cans and the kids had to use the blue beanbags to put out the fire {knock the bean bags off of the stand Jason built}!
Our "water"!
The kids loved it and it was a lot of fun to watch them maneuver through all of the obstacles. Jason was so patient and built all that we needed with scrap wood from Lowes. It was fun, cheap, and easy to put together. Definitely a hit!
{***My amazingly talented friend Heather now has an Etsy store! You can browse here!}
You are too sweet! It was no problem to make my friend something for his birthday! I'm glad you were so happy with all of it :-) Thank you for your kind words, I'm quite lucky to have a friend like you!
ReplyDelete