Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a great Christmas morning. I don't think I have ever seen Bryson so excited! He LOVES his train table, and has asked me last night and tonight if Santa is coming again. He likes this idea of Santa. Smart boy. :)


Warm deliciousness courtesy of the Pioneer Woman...
My parents came to see us that morning and spent the day with us. Of course Bryson loved all of the attention. 
We had a simple lunch and then cooked a full Christmas dinner. I really enjoyed having something to plan and put together. It felt normal. I felt productive for the first time in days. Just a small blessing out of many on this Christmas day.
It was so nice to be in our own home instead of traveling this year. We missed our families and wished the circumstances were different, but we loved it and are planning on spending all of our Christmases at home in the years to come.
Thankful for these sweet, sweet memories.
Merry Christmas!

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:11

3 comments:

  1. sometimes i wish we just stayed home on christmas too, in order to just enjoy being us. i'm so very happy that you had such a wonderful day with your family.
    merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had a good day. We thought about all of you on Christmas, and were hoping it would be fun for yall. Of course, with B, how could it not be? He's such a character!! Love You and still praying.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I REALLY NEED THAT RECIPE FOR THE CINNAMON ROLLS. They look awesome!!!!
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete