The weekend before I had surgery we had a little Christmas get together with some of our closest friends. We have done this for several years now with this same group of friends. It is neat to look back and see how we have grown over the years. Instead of exchanging gifts this year we decided to have the kids do an activity. Our kids have so much, and Stacey had the perfect idea of making reindeer food. Of course Bryson is still calling reindeer goats (maybe next year he will get that straight!).
After dinner all the kids sat at the table. Stacey gathered all of her supplies. When she started talking to the kids, something magical happened.
They all sat, on their bottoms, and actually listened to her. If one of them stood up or started talking, she gently reminded them, in her very teacher-ish voice, that they needed to be sitting down and paying attention. Seriously!?!? This worked on my two year old! We were all amazed. Jenny said that when her kids don't listen she automatically starts talking to them as if they don't understand English which includes raising her voice and repeating the same thing over and over again. Stacey NEVER did that. Magical powers, I tell you.
They each took turns dumping the ingredients into the bowl.
B and his goat food!
~~~~~
The day before I had surgery B and I spent the morning making sugar cookies. I used a scratch recipe that turned out to be amazing! I will definitely be making these cookies again on future occasions.
(note-- Bryson's hands were washed before the making of these cookies :)
Waiting not so patiently for the cookies to bake...
Most of Bryson's cookies turned out something like this...
Fortunately for the people who ate them he lost interest after just a few cookies. Here are our finished cookies!
We had a great time together. We delivered cookies to a few of our close friends, and then I took several with me to the hospital. I shared them with my nurses and people who came to visit. Yummm! is all I can say.
Making these cookies will definitely be a Ruple family tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment