After rushing through Houston traffic (which of course was a huge delay) we finally made it to the Ronald McDonald house just in time to check in and rush over to the Women's Pavilion for the second steroid injection. While waiting in the lobby for the shot, Dr. Ghandi (the maternal fetal medicine specialist) walked by. She came right over to us and started chatting, and really just wanted to know how we were doing with the surgery coming up tomorrow. It was funny because she pinpointed one of my major concerns of receiving all of the anesthesia and explained so much to me, calming a lot of my nerves. She hugged me at least four times during the conversation and I was so thankful that was walking through the lobby at the exact time we were there and took the time to come talk to us. I truly feel like that was divine intervention.
After I received the shot Angel walked us over to our room at St. Luke's. Since that time I have been poked and prodded and asked about 5 million questions by three different people. Our room was full of sweet visitors tonight. My mom and dad were here, along with both of my in-laws. And we had a surprise visit from a few of my favorite ladies- Jenny, Kristin, and Stacey. I was so excited and surprised to see them! I truly have been blessed with amazing people to hold my hand through this journey. Then Jason's brother Will arrived. I'm telling you for a while anyone passing by would've thought we were having a party in here. We laughed and joked and it was so good to have that stress relief.
For the past two weeks I have had a to-do list that filled up an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper (double columned as Jason would point out). I am such a planner and the thought of leaving my little boy for 2+ weeks has had me in a tailspin. My mom and mother-in-law don't know it yet but I have typed out a complete manual on taking care of Bryson. It includes things like his social security number, health insurance information, a signed medical release in case he needs medical treatment, and also things like his normal routine, etc... I know they have both raised children (and I think they did a pretty good job with that!), but this is MY baby. One of the scariest parts of all of this is being away from him for so long. I think that typing up these instructions gave me some sense of control, and I really need that right now.
It is a strange feeling to pack up and leave your house knowing that while you are gone, things will continue to go on as normal. When I leave to go on vacation I like for things to be clean, for there to be no dirty dishes in the sink. But what a totally different thing all together to leave your home knowing that other people will be there, taking on your role. Just strange and something I hope to never have to do again.
Tonight I do have a sense of peace. I am scared, there is no doubt about that. But, I feel like this is where we are supposed to be and this is what we are supposed to be doing. I know that there are so many people praying for us. I am moved beyond words when I hear of the people out there, people we don't even know, who are pleading with God for this sweet baby girl of ours.
Knowing these prayers are being sent up on our behalf, and more importantly, knowing that we serve a loving God who hears them and intervenes, is almost more than I can wrap my mind around at the moment. But I feel it. I feel it deep, deep down. And for that, I am thankful. I feel like I will be able to rest tonight. With that, I'd like to close with one other thought (although I think I could ramble on forever). One of my home church friends told our story to her Sunday School class and asked for their prayers. One of the women sent a gift bag through her to me, which I received last night. I had previously asked for people to post any Bible verses in the comment section on my blog that might be of encouragement during this time. This lady does not read my blog, so had no way of knowing that I had asked for this. In the bag that she sent was a folder with 22 typed pages of verses to combat anxiety. It was actually titled that. She also sent me the sweetest letter full of verses that she is praying over me and Caroline. Wow. That is all I can say. 22 pages. I brought it with me. :)
One of my favorites from her letter is Psalm 62:5- "Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him."
Praying for rest through Him tonight, followed by a smooth surgery in the morning (which has been moved up to 8am instead of 10am!). Also praying BIG for Caroline to stay in the womb for 10 more weeks. Please join us in this prayer!Thank you so much for all of the prayers that have already been said on our behalf. I know that I keep saying we are overwhelmed by the prayer response we have received, but I just don't know of any other way to say it. God is good and we have faith that He will be with us tomorrow and in all of our days ahead with this sweet baby girl.
*Jason and my sister will be updating the blog tomorrow and during the recovery process so check back for updates!
"Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:28-30
ReplyDeleteI am praying for the time when your storm will be stilled to a whisper and the waves are hushed. We love you all!!!