I have been crying lately. A lot. It seems like I was doing pretty well for a while, was able to put on a strong face and say what needed to be said. Today is not one of those days. Last night I cried. Cried the really ugly, I can't think or talk, or see because my eyes are so swollen cry. I hate that. I hate this place I'm in because I desperately want to get out of it. But today, today seems to be another day for crying. I am ripped apart emotionally. I know that I have so much to be thankful for. So many blessings. But something inside of me is still so sad. I know I will get through this. I will climb my way out of this hole.
Yesterday I talked to my Dad who told me about a link my Aunt found about an in-utero Spina Bifida repair done in Houston earlier this year. I decided to look for it this morning, and I found it. You can read about it here, and watch a video explaining the procedure. What really got me (once again) was seeing the sweet baby girl. I think things may be a little easier when I can hold my baby girl and love on her, and see her precious face. I just feel like I need that tangible goal in mind, to remind me that all of this pain and surgery and all of these tears will be worth it when I see my precious daughter.
Please continue to pray for us. This road is long and often times so sad I can hardly stand it. We know that God is with us and will get us through. Please pray.
Please continue to pray for us. This road is long and often times so sad I can hardly stand it. We know that God is with us and will get us through. Please pray.
As I was driving to work this morning I was praying for you and your baby and I was really excited to see and hold her. As Erin can tell you, this is not a normal response for me and babies. However, I am confident that God has allowed this situation to develop for a reason and to hold and see this tangible reason, prayed for to such an extent, for the first time is something that I am anticipating. I am thankful for your ability and willingness to share this with us, your faithfulness is a light to a dim world.
ReplyDeleteI hope this makes sense.